Paris version (1865)
Opera in four parts from the libretto by Francesco Maria Piave, from Shakespeare.
French translation by Charles-Louis-Étienne Nuitter e Alexandre Beaumont
In the critical edition* edited by David Lawton revised by Candida Mantica
The University of Chicago Press, Chicago e Casa Ricordi, Milano
Parco Ducale di Parma
Friday 11 September 2020, 8pm, Opening night
Sunday 13 September 2020, 8pm
The performance lasts 3h 20′, including one interval
|Lady Macbeth||SILVIA DALLA BENETTA|
|Un médecin||FRANCESCO LEONE|
|La Comtesse||NATALIA GAVRILAN|
|Un serviteur/Un sicaire/Premiere fantôme||JACOBO OCHOA|
|Seconde fantôme||PIETRO BOLOGNINI|
|Troisième fantôme||PILAR MEZZADRI CORONA|
The letter of Lady Macbeth is performed by CASSANDRE TÉZIER
FILARMONICA ARTURO TOSCANINI
CORO DEL TEATRO REGIO DI PARMA
Chorus Master MARTINO FAGGIANI
* Come spiega Candida Mantica, che ha curato l’edizione critica del testo francese: “L’edizione critica della seconda versione di Macbeth in francese ricostruisce un ‘testo ideale’ che tiene conto delle intenzioni di Verdi e lascia spazio ad autorialità diverse dalla sua solamente nei limiti entro cui siano state da lui autorizzate. Al Festival Verdi sarà eseguita la versione 1865 in lingua francese per la prima volta come si presume Verdi avrebbe voluto fosse eseguita a Parigi, anziché privilegiare a tutti i costi le scelte effettuate per la prima rappresentazione dell’opera. In un caso, però, si è deciso di seguire i materiali esecutivi francesi, sebbene si discostino dal testo verdiano che conosciamo. Subito dopo la scena delle Apparizioni, sarà infatti omessa la parte dell’araldo che annuncia l’ingresso in scena di Lady Macbeth, scelta che è parsa particolarmente efficace in forma di concerto”.
Macbeth racconta Macbeth, con Ludovic Tézier
Scintille di musica al Parco Ducale
Teatro Regio di Parma
Saturday 5 September 2020, 5pm
PRIMA CHE SI ALZI IL SIPARIO
Tickets and information
ACCESS IN SAFETY TO THE PERFORMANCES OF FESTIVAL VERDI
In compliance with government safety regulations relating to the pandemic, to access the performances of Festival Verdi, spectators must have a nominative ticket, a valid identity document and a face mask and must respect the prohibition of gathering.
The mask must be peremptorily worn in the correct way: covering the nose and mouth.
At the entrance of the Park, there is a thermo scanner for detecting body temperature and dispensers of hand sanitizing gel.
The hall staff at the time of entry is obliged to verify the correspondence of the spectator with the name on the ticket (it is not allowed to issue multiple tickets to the same name and the ticket can be sold to third parties only in compliance with the obligation to communicate to the Ticket Office the change in title, under penalty of the impossibility of access to the show), for this reason the public is asked to arrive in advance of the starting time, with a valid identity document.
IN PARCO DUCALE
The only entrance to the open-air theater in Parco Ducale is from Ponte Verdi, where the Festival ticket office is also located.
A covered car park, which has an agreement with Teatro Regio di Parma, is located in Viale Toschi (the parking ticket can be stamped in the appropriate endorsement machine at the park entrance and will guarantee a discount on parking the vehicle).
Spectators must peremptorily wear a mask correctly, always covering their nose and mouth, for all the time necessary to reach their seat and every time they leave it.
To avoid any form of gathering and to reduce the access times of each individual spectator, the entrances will be staggered, as required by the competent authorities, as follows:
– the spectators of sector I are invited to arrive at the entrance between 19.00 and 19.25.
– spectators in sector II are invited to arrive at the entrance between 19.30 and 19.55.
At the end of the performance, all spectators must wait for the signal from the hall staff before getting up and leaving their seats, in the same order in which they entered, in order not to create crowds, following the path that will come to them for the exit indicated.
In the area facing the open-air theater there will be a bookshop and cafeteria service, in addition, of course, to the toilets. There is no cloakroom service.
In case of bad weather:
– the Theater reserves the right to postpone the start of the performance by up to 60 minutes compared to the initial time.
– if the performance is canceled within 30 minutes of its beginning, the public is entitled, by keeping the ticket, to a discount on the amount paid on the purchase of a ticket for other performances organized by the Teatro Regio by 31 March 2021.
– if the performance is canceled after 30 minutes from its beginning, the public is not entitled to any refund of the ticket.
Nella zona prospiciente il teatro all’aperto saranno presenti il servizio di bookshop e di caffetteria, oltre naturalmente ai servizi igienici. Non è previsto il servizio di guardaroba.
Libretto on smartphone
The public will be able to follow the opera libretto directly on their smartphone by downloading the free Lyri Live application, available for Apple and Android devices. It is advisable to download the application before going to Parco Ducale. On performance evenings, a dedicated Wi-Fi network will be available inside Parco Ducale, connecting to which, after opening the application, the libretto of the opera will be displayed. The staff will be available to the public for assistance.